The Cavendish Learning Trust formed in September 2016. We are:
- Netherthorpe School - Ofsted Good 11-19 secondary school of 1150 students
- Barrow Hill Primary School – Ofsted Good which has rapidly improved from Special Measures
- Poolsbrook Primary School - Ofsted Inadequate
- Whitecotes Primary School - Ofsted Inadequate
- Dunston Primary and Nursery Academy - Ofsted Good (Joined 1 February 2018)
- Gilbert Heathcote Nursery and Infant School - Ofsted Good (Joined 1 March 2018)
We began our journey because:
- Derbyshire is high on the Government’s agenda for academisation
- The percentage of schools below Good and Outstanding in Derbyshire is far higher than nationally
- We believe that this area has the expertise within, to produce Good and Outstanding schools if we work together.The area will not benefit from large, remote National Academy chains taking over and imposing
- We passionately believe that through effective support, challenge and collaborative working any school can reach at least Good.
- Schools at all stages of their journey can and should continue to develop and improve their provision so that their students and staff benefit from two-way collaboration with others. The ethos behind the Trust is of continual school improvement. Member schools engage in ongoing collaboration - improving each other so that they can all, in time, become outstanding schools.