About the Trust
"A family of schools working together to provide an excellent education at the heart of our community”
The Cavendish Learning Trust, based in North Derbyshire, was formed in July 2016. On September 1st 2016 we became 4 schools – 1 secondary, Netherthorpe and 3 primary: Barrow Hill, Poolsbrook and Whitecotes. Since then another 2 schools have joined us: Dunston Primary on 1st February 2018 and Gilbert Heathcote Nursery and Primary on 1st March 2018.
All our schools have a common desire to help each other, challenge each other and work together to bring about continued improvement – local schools supporting local schools. Our ethos is to retain each school’s unique identity whilst introducing best practice systems and processes to support improvement.
Our approach is founded on effective partnership working – joining our schools, children, parents and communities.
Our Provision for Pupils and Parents/Carers
All Cavendish Learning Trust academy schools will work hard to ensure:
- Delivery of the highest quality education at the heart of our communities for the benefit of children and young people of North Derbyshire and surrounding areas
- That every pupil feels safe, is respected, known and fully supported
- That every pupil becomes a successful and confident learner, motivated to acquire the skills and knowledge ready to become a responsible and employable citizen in the future
- Our family of schools work closely together, helping and challenging each other to continually improve
- Learning experiences are memorable for pupils both in & out of the classroom to raise aspirations, broaden horizons ,nurture talent & developing the whole person
- A welcoming, open and transparent experience for all visitors
- Professional development opportunities are provided for all staff at every stage of their development so as to grow our own exceptional support staff, teachers and leaders
- Proactive leadership within the organisation, which recognises its financial responsibilities and the need to use public funds effectively at all times.
- CLT is founded on strong local partnerships
- Every academy is non–selective and our admissions are co-ordinated by Derbyshire County Council
- We work closely alongside the Department for Education
- We value our excellent working relationships with Trade Unions